[Java API] Get User From PublicUser

Whenever a transaction is created, it has a PublicUser object attached to it. The PublicUser object only has the user’s ID and Username attached to it, which can be problematic if you’re using CubedPay in a gaming-environment such as Minecraft.

Previously, you were able to get the User object from a Transaction (Order at the time). This was better from a developer’s perspective because the User object contains all of the UserProfiles attached to the user, meaning you could get their in-game name as well.

Currently, there is no way to obtain a relevant in-game name while handling a transaction, preventing any attempt provide the user with their package in-game. That being said, I think that there should be some way to get a User object from either a Transaction or a PublicUser object. Personally, I think that simply replacing PublicUser with User would be fine since the only form of sensitive information that can come with it is an email address :woman_shrugging:

I think it’s also worth noting that any command performed through the package runner plugin will only work if the user’s CubedPay username is the same as their in-game username.

Hi Bert,

You should be using the “profile” data that you get with the response in order to get a player from in game.

Thanks
Stuart

Using the REST API, yes. I’m talking about what’s currently available through the Java client, however.

Hi Bert,

I’ve just realised that the Java API we provide doesn’t actually contain that data. I’ve spoken to the relevant people and they’re going to take a look. I’ll let you know when I’ve heard back.

Thanks
Stuart

Haha, thanks Stuart! :smiley:

Hey Bert,

Yep that was definitely a miss on our part! I pushed a change out in the last commit that hopefully should fix said issue. I am going to go through and double check to make sure all is good now! This change will have a version bump by tonight with a proper fix for the runner too.

Thanks
Cameron
:slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, using the new version of the Java client you pushed to the Github repo, I’ve stumbled across a new error when listening for incoming transactions.

While I am not using the package runner exactly, the code is the same except for me doing an additional check to see if the player is online.

Stack trace:

01.09 11:33:30 [Server] INFO Found 7 CubedPay events to process..
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] INFO transaction event found
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] INFO CubedPay - Error: Invoke exception on PrismListener#onPurchasedEvent()
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN com.google.shaded.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at path $.profile
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:224)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$1.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:129)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:220)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:888)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:953)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.google.shaded.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:926)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.data.Event$Object.getObject(Event.java:94)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.events.shop.transaction.TransactionEvent.getTransaction(TransactionEvent.java:17)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at com.berttowne.cubedpay.PrismListener.onPurchasedEvent(PrismListener.java:44)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.events.CubedAnnotationProcessor.lambda$emitEvent$20(CubedAnnotationProcessor.java:39)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.events.CubedAnnotationProcessor.emitEvent(CubedAnnotationProcessor.java:36)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.CubedPayAPI.emitEvent(CubedPayAPI.java:140)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.events.CubedEventRunnable.lambda$null$24(CubedEventRunnable.java:30)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at co.melondev.cubedpay.events.CubedEventRunnable.lambda$run$25(CubedEventRunnable.java:27)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAccept(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniAccept.tryFire(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.complete(Unknown Source)
01.09 11:33:30 [Server] WARN at retrofit2.adapter.java8.Java8CallAdapterFactory$BodyCallAdapter$2.onResponse(Java8CallAdapterFactory.java:107)

Hey Bert,
Sorry about that just some changes I did not see apparently we are only returning the profile instead of the full object. I did a proper test and seems to be working now. Changes pushes and the jars on the releases were updated. Hopefully that is it for the fixes for that! :slight_smile:

That works! Now the only issue is that my shop is missing the shop:transaction scope (among others) since it was made in early private beta